St Enoch Square – Various

0
Photo: Unknown. Photo: Unknown. Photo: Unknown. Photo: Unknown. Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/   Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/ Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of...
Paisley Road Toll

Angel Building, Old Toll Bar & Kingston Halls (1900-1907)

0
Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Glasgow City Archives The familiar golden figure of Paisley Road West's angel soars heavenwards in this circa 1900 shot of Paisley Road Toll. The identity of the sculptor...
Lyric Theatre, Sauchiehall St, Glasgow

Sauchiehall St – Lyric Theatre – Early c20th

0
We're looking west along Sauchiehall St from the corner of Renfield St in this early 20th century postcard view. On the right is the intricate cast iron entrance canopy of the Lyric theatre, while...

Park Circus – Trinity College – Park Church – Various

0
Two sunny days separated by 150 years. The three towers of Charles Wilson's striking mid-Victorian former Free Church College peek out from behind the now orphaned tower of Park Church in our first...

42 Miller Street – The Tobacco Merchant’s House – 1909

0
Photo (C1761): Sourced from Virtual Mitchell and reproduced with the kind permission of Glasgow City Archives. This 18th century tobacco merchant's villa had recently had that ugly mansard roof added when this photograph was...

Christian Institute, Bothwell Street (Various)

0
Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/   Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/   Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/ The fantastical Christian Institute building...

St Andrew’s-by-the-Green, 1973

0
St Andrew's-by-the-Green snapped by Duncan McCallum AKA Streapadair in March 1973. It was built as an Episcopalian Church between 1750-52 & was designed by Presbyterian Andrew Hunter who was excommunicated for his efforts. Happily...

Wellshot Rd at Trainard Ave, Tollcross – 1908

0
Photo: Glasgow City Archives Wellshot Rd at Trainard Ave, Tollcross, around 1908. It's surprisingly little changed. Some far off tenements have been replaced with modern flats and the international swimming centre can now be found...
Shawlands Cross

Shawlands Cross (Crossmyloof Mansions) – c1900

0
A view looking south west to Shawlands Cross. The distinctive wedge shape of Crossmyloof Mansions at the junction of Kilmarnock and Pollokshaws Roads is a familiar sight to most South Siders, not least because...