Park Circus – Trinity College – Park Church – Various
Two sunny days separated by 150 years. The three towers of Charles Wilson's striking mid-Victorian former Free Church College peek out from behind the now orphaned tower of Park Church in our first...
Wellshot Rd at Trainard Ave, Tollcross – 1908
Photo: Glasgow City Archives
Wellshot Rd at Trainard Ave, Tollcross, around 1908. It's surprisingly little changed. Some far off tenements have been replaced with modern flats and the international swimming centre can now be found...
St Enoch Square – Various
Photo: Unknown.
Photo: Unknown.
Photo: Unknown.
Photo: Unknown.
Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/
Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of Stuart Neville - https://www.flickr.com/photos/stunev4/
Photograph reproduced with the kind permission of...
14-34 Kilmarnock Rd – 1939
Photo (C6336): Sourced from Virtual Mitchell and reproduced with the kind permission of Glasgow City Archives.
Waverley Picture House, 18 Moss Side Rd – 1971
Photo: ScottishCinemas.org.uk
The Waverley Picture House was designed by Watson, Salmond & Gray for Shawlands Picture House Ltd and opened on 25th December 1922. The building is finished in red sandstone but its most prominent...
White Elephant Cinema, 42 Kilmarnock Rd – c1950
Photo: The Herald
The White Elephant cinema was designed by architect Harry Barnes and opened its doors in 1927. It was commissioned by renowned showman and eccentric A.E. Pickard, father of the Britannia Panopticon music...
Commercial Bank of Scotland, Bothwell Street – 1935
Photo (C5513): Sourced from Virtual Mitchell and reproduced with the kind permission of Glasgow City Archives.
A solitary policeman directs non-existent traffic in this c1935 view of James Miller's 1934 Commercial Bank of Scotland. These...
Argyle St – James Watt St – c1900
Photo (C1716): Sourced from Virtual Mitchell and reproduced with the kind permission of Glasgow City Archives.
Corona Bar – 1970s
The ornate exterior of the Corona bar will be familiar to most South Siders. It was built in 1912-13 by Clarke & Bell & J.H. Craigie for well known Glasgow publican James O'Malley at...













